8 Ideas for a Unique Basement
You know that dark and spooky area under your home that you never like to go to? For most home owners, the basement is relegated to a lifetime of emptiness and clutter. Well now is the best time to make good use of your basement! Consider some of these great options for turning your unused space into a space that is perfect just for you.
- Home Office. More and more people are working from home these days, whether they set up their small businesses or just need a place to do the bills. Unfortunately, the dining room table just isn’t the right place to conduct business. Consider fitting out your basement with an office that uses built-in shelves and has plenty of room for a true office desk.
- Guest Quarters. Do you like having visitors over every weekend but always have to kick them out at the end of the evening? Make your home even more accommodating by adding an additional bedroom and bathroom in your basement to make sure your guests feel nice and welcomed.
- Play Area. If your main levels are dedicated for the adults of the home, make sure the basement is an excellent place for all the little kiddies to hang out. Offer a place for your kids to play with their friends while staying out of your hair. Add lots of little niches, crawling spaces, climbing walls and lots of colors! Don’t forget to use eggshell paint, its easiest to clean.
- Hobby Room. Maybe you are the little kid in the house with all of your model cars and trains scattered all over the living room. Or maybe the laundry room has been taken over by all of your fabric and sewing materials. Makeover your basement to add a room dedicated to your hobbies with plenty of organization strategies to keep all of the hobbies in order.
- Wine Cellar. Now here’s a great idea for the vino in all of us. Line the entire basement with open wine racks, add a small refrigerator for incidentals, and don’t forget a cabinet for the wine glasses. For those with a little more passion for the grapes, add an enclosed wine room for some extra flare. Then, add a sitting area with comfortable lounge sofas that invite guests to relax.
- Relaxation Station. Why bother to go to the spa when you have one in your very own home? Turn your basement into a steam room or sauna. Include all the elements of peaceful meditation and create a beautiful retreat that is just a few steps away (literally!)
- Theatre. The ultimate addition to any man cave has to be a large projection screen with a full 7.1 surround sound system. Don’t forget to add plenty of sound-proofing insulation in the walls to leave the rest of the house in peace and quiet when you decide to turn the volume all the way up.
- Arcade. For kids of all ages, make your basement the true neighborhood hang out spot by including a pool table, pinball machines, ping pong tables, air hockey tables and other fun games to excite the competitive nature in all of us.
With some basements reaching upwards of 2,000 square feet, don’t let that ample space go to waste! Make sure to give Elite Home Remodeling a call today to find out how we can remodel and finish the basement of your dreams.